Hi, I’m John – a documentary-style Kent wedding photographer. I’ve been a wedding photographer in the South East for more than ten years, and many of the best venues recommend me. If you are planning a Kent wedding and would like to chat through your plans and pick my brain for ideas, then I would love to hear from you.
Kent Wedding Photographer
My style of wedding photography is documentary, natural and not posed. I like to take pictures of real things that happen during your day. Couple portraits can be taken on a slow stroll, and I’m always happy to take formal family groups. A wedding day without stress should be low-key, fun, and easy-going.
I work across Kent, Sussex, and London and am recommended by many leading South East wedding venues.
ARE YOU PLANNING A KENT WEDDING?
View my portfolio of wedding photography.
Shendish Manor Wedding Photographer // Hannah & Prinel
Shendish Manor Wedding Photographer Hemel Hempstead Documentary Wedding Photographer Shendish Manor in Hemel Hempstead Hertfordshire played host to Hannah and Prinal’s wonderful two-day wedding celebrations. Shendish Manor is located an hour out of London. With beautifully managed grounds and an 18-hole golf course this country spar hotel was a terrific choice of wedding venue. Hannah…
Black Barn Kent Wedding Photographer // Nicola & Phil
Kent Documentary Wedding Photographer Nicola and Phil chose the fabulous Court Lodge Barn in Kent to host their wedding celebrations. With the medieval St. Mary’s Church a two minute walk away, Court Lodge Barn is hard to beat when it comes to Kent country wedding venues. Court Lodge Barn Wedding Photographer I met Nicola, her…
Rachel & Stuart – Gaynes Park Essex Wedding
Essex Documentary Wedding Photographer Rachel and Stuart chose the fabulous Gaynes Park in Essex to host their summer wedding bash. Gaynes Park in Essex is a particularly stunning Barn Wedding Venue. The wedding venue is quite remote and rural, meaning no late night party music sound issues! The surrounding countryside is beautiful and great for…
GUIDE TO KENT WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHY
I’ve put together some background information about Kent weddings. You can read on, but I know most of you are here to see my wedding photographs, so click the button to view my portfolio:
Are you looking for a Kent Wedding Photographer?
Hi, I am John Sanders, and I have photographed weddings in Kent for many years (well over 10 in fact). Choosing a wedding photographer that fits you as a couple is as important as choosing the venue or dress. My documentary style and relaxed approach ensure you can get on and enjoy your Kent wedding without the faffing and posing promoted by so many traditional wedding photographers.
Kent could be the perfect location for your wedding
Kent is a popular location to get married in the South East of England. It boasts many luxury and contemporary wedding venues with 5-star amenities and services. Kent also has numerous historic castles and cathedrals if you are interested in a traditionally styled wedding. Kent sits along the coast of the English Channel. London is nearby, which makes Kent a popular choice for anyone based in the capital city. From the North Downs to the English Channel, Kent includes cities like Dover, Maidstone, Canterbury, Rochester, and Royal Tunbridge Wells. King Henry VIII called Kent the “Garden of England” because of its beautiful green spaces. Kent is a mix of rural areas where fruit growers, farmers and winemakers providing coexist alongside larger towns and cities.
Kent wedding photography
As a professional photographer, I cover all types of weddings, including luxury hotels, town halls, rustic barns and even outdoor tipi weddings. Each couple has its character and style, whether a bride and groom or a same-sex wedding with two brides or two grooms. Wedding venues throughout the Kent countryside cater for contemporary and traditional weddings and there are hundreds of options to choose from when selecting the perfect venue. You’re welcome to pick my brains if you have a shortlist and can’t decide which one to go for.
Get to know John Sanders Weddings
I’ve covered hundreds of weddings and have several wedding industry awards and accreditations to my name. I have worked at many of the most prestigious wedding venues in Kent (and across the United Kingdom). There are many stunning wedding venues in Kent and the surrounding areas it’s hard to choose a favourite but I’d highlight Hever Castle and Leeds Castle as two you should check out.
Documentary Wedding Photography
When you’re getting married, the last thing you want is to feel uncomfortable in front of a camera. Documentary wedding photography means I take candid shots that are unposed and natural. I’m not one for awkward poses or cheesy smiles, at a time when you want to be yourself. Your wedding images should tell the story of your day and include all the best moments with your friends and family.
My job as a wedding photographer is to ensure that the key aspects of your photography are covered. From the moment you both start getting ready through to the first dance and party, I will be there to capture each moment. My experience means you don’t need to worry about and I’ll put you at ease and give you the peace of mind you need to enjoy your day.
I also offer engagement and pre-wedding shoots if you’d like to celebrate that milestone. It’s a great way way to tell a story from the beginning and you can use these images in signing frames or guest books on the day if you like! The best way to decide whether documentary-style photography is right for your wedding is to view my portfolio. If you like what you see, let’s have a chat about your wedding plans and what you’re looking for.
Guide To Kent Wedding Venues
Kent wedding venues range in size and come in many forms. There is something for everyone!
- The Court Lodge/Black Barn – The Court Lodge/Black Barn allows you to design your wedding in any way you choose. The venue is low-key and offers many of the most popular amenities. The Barn is a seasonal venue, and is available for booking from Easter through October.
- Hever Castle – Hever Castle is a stunning venue with a rich 700-year history. Known for both its culture and colour, it is one of the most breathtaking venues in Kent. It has played host to royals while the colourful gardens continue to impress guests every year. If you love history and tradition, Hever Castle should be your first choice.
- Hoath House – Hoath House has everything you need for your big day. The elegant manor house has 21 bedrooms and can house 80 guests. In addition to exploring the house, you are welcome to explore the manicured gardens and stay in one of the unique domes. Enjoy your stay and take advantage of the privacy this secluded property offers.
- Cooling Castle – Cooling Castle Barn is a gorgeous wedding venue that offers exclusive use when you book it for your wedding day. It has everything you need and lots of tiny spaces you can explore. As you explore the grounds surrounding the castle, take a few pics of the unique decorations that give the exterior its one-of-a-kind appearance.
- Leeds Castle – Located in Maidstone and surrounded by water, Leeds Castle is a wedding venue for the ages. It provides a modern-day fairy-tale atmosphere that I can use to create stunning wedding photos that will seem ageless. You will be able to relive your day for years to come every time you open your wedding album.
- St. Martin’s Priory – St. Martin’s Priory allows you to say your vows in your own magic kingdom. The beautiful church is perfect for your ceremony. Celebrate your first toast at your drinks reception out on the Tudor Lawn. As the festivitie wane, wander through the rose gardens and share some quiet time with the one you love.
- Hayne House – Hayne House is a luxury wedding venue with a laid-back, easy-going atmosphere. Weddings at the house are unique. The bride and groom can make sustainable choices that will reduce the impact the ceremony has on the earth. For every sustainable choice they make, rewards will be earned! The dedicated wedding team will be on hand to help them through the planning process.
- Winters Barnes – Winters Barns is a rural wedding venue located on the outskirts of Canterbury in Kent. Each of the buildings on the property has its own style and character. A romantic setting and beautiful gardens add to the enchanted atmosphere giving you a sense that fairy tales really do come true.
- Black Horse Inn – The Black Horse Inn is a quaint bed and breakfast with everything for a wedding. The Pilgrim’s Suite is set off to the side and is ideal for small weddings and gatherings. The Inn can cater your event, and the bed and breakfast is next door. Everything you will need to make your wedding complete is in one convenient location.
What is the price of Kent wedding photography?
Prices vary a lot depending on the service, coverage, experience, and quality of photography your photographer offers. To view my wedding photography prices, you can click here.
Do you book more than one wedding a day?
I only book one wedding per day as I typically cover bridal prep to the first dance. This means I can give each one my full attention from beginning to end.
What is documentary wedding photography?
Documentary wedding photography entails capturing natural, unposed photos as they occur. I can work discretely in this style of photography, which allows you to feel comfortable all day.
What do you typically wear as a photographer at a wedding?
I will wear the same style of clothing as your guests. I want to blend in so I can wander discreetly through the crowd.
Will we have a consultation before the wedding?
Yes! We will have a pre-wedding consultation about 4-6 weeks before the date. If we can’t meet in person, we can always get to know one another over a Zoom call.
Do you photograph destination weddings?
To discuss your wedding plans, please call me. Based on your needs, I can provide you with a custom quote. I can work throughout the UK, including England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland. I also cover weddings around Europe, should you require it.
How long is the coverage of each wedding?
I will arrive approximately 30 minutes before the bridal/groom preparations begin and depart once the last dance is completed. During our pre-wedding consultation, I’ll discuss this with you.
When is the edited wedding gallery available?
I usually return the photos between 6 and 8 weeks after the wedding. However, this may change depending on the season. During the pre-wedding consultation, it’s best to ask me for an estimate
If you’d like to have a chat about your wedding plans, contact me here.