I’m John – a documentary style wedding photographer based in Hackney, North London. I have photographed weddings all over London but Westminster has some of my favourite wedding venues. Many of the iconic London wedding venues are in Westminster including Old Marylebone Town hall.
My style is documentary, unposed and natural wedding photography. I prefer to capture real moments throughout your day. A leisurely stroll is perfect for beautiful portraits and I’m always happy to take some formal family groups. Low key, fun and relaxed for a stress-free wedding day. Feel free to go to My Style page if you would like to know a bit more about my chilled and natural approach to wedding photography.
Are you planning a Westminster Wedding?
View my portfolio of London wedding photography.
Amy and Ted contacted me from their home in Los Angeles because they had booked Somerset House to host their fabulous London wedding. Over a Zoom or two I heard all their plans and built a wedding photography package to suit their schedule. My day started in the shiny new Battersea Power Station Hotel, The…
Booking a Marylebone Old Town Hall Wedding Photographer Jaime and Silvia chose London for their international wedding location, both being from Spain. Their families and friends arrived to the Soho Room at Marylebone Old Town Hall from all corners of the globe – longest distance traveled, Argentina! The Soho Room at the Marylebone Old Town…
Booking an Old Marylebone Town Hall Wedding Photographer Joey and Rob got married at Old Marylebone Town Hall in Westminster. This glam couple work in the aviation sector and travel the world. They chose Westminster in London to host their fabulous wedding yours truly to document all the fun. The wedding plans took in many…
If you are looking for a Westminster wedding photographer, your search is over. My name is John Sanders and I am well-known for working at leading Westminster wedding venues for my documentary-style photography. I have many years of experience in Westminster wedding photography and work closely with the leading venues in the area.
I love working with laid back couples who want distinctive wedding photography. I can be quite creative when it comes to telling a wedding story. Getting to know the bride and groom is the groundwork and inspiration for the day. Once I learn as much as I can, I am able to assist with any questions you may have about your wedding or how to find the right venue for the type of wedding you want.
Experienced Westminster Photographer
I am well-known throughout the area for being creative and stylish. My favourite style of photography is natural and unposed. They are candid style photos that capture the atmosphere and special moments of the wedding itself. The images are full of emotion and laughter and aim to show real couples as they truly are on the day.
While I will always take group portraits, they can sometimes seem a bit awkward! It is my job to make them as natural as possible. Your wedding day can be stressful. It is one of my jobs to make sure that things go smoothly so that you can enjoy every moment of your big day. Friends and family are there to enjoy the day with you. It’s my goal to capture as many of those interactions as possible so you get to see your wedding from every possible angle.
Historic Westminster in the Heart of London
Known for its connection to the Royal family as well as the home of Westminster Abbey, Westminster is undoubtedly one of the most spectacular areas of London. When it comes to weddings, there is absolutely no better place to celebrate with views over the River Thames or in one of the many historic wedding venues that are ideal for large celebrations. If you prefer a smaller, more intimate civil ceremony, you can find venues to accommodate you in that area as well. There are famous landmarks such as Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament and open spaces including Hyde Park, Kensington Gardens, Green Park and St James’ Park.
No Time for Shyness. It’s Your Special Day!
It is your wedding day and this is no time to be shy. It is definitely a day for you to shine on! Whether you choose to be married in a large cathedral or a small, outdoor garden, you want your photographs to be memorable. With my many years of experience, I am able to provide you with many different images. I look for the best moments during your ceremony to capture the beauty of the moment.
Unlike other photographers who spend hours on the traditional, posed shots, I try to make them as beautiful and unposed as possible. I want you to be relaxed and hopefully, able to enjoy those quiet moments before the reception begins and you are caught up in the festivities. Once the posed portraits are finished, you are able to enjoy the time with your friends and family.
My Name Is John and I Specialise in Wedding Photography!
I would like to let you in on a secret. Photography is one and only career. I have never had another job! Once I learned the magic of creating beautiful images, I made it my career without question. Although I didn’t start out as a Westminster wedding photographer, once I shot my first wedding, I knew I had found my passion.
I’m laid back and prefer the natural flow that comes with being able to watch people be themselves. I don’t like to force a photo. If it doesn’t come naturally, it is probably not a shot I will take. I like to be relaxed and blend in with those around me. I want to be the fly on the wall or the shadow that seeks out the brightest light. Natural lighting brings out the truest images and I thrive on capturing each one.
My Unique Style and Focus
When it comes to my style, I prefer documentary-style photos. I tend to be rather discreet. I have found that when people know a camera is close by, they begin to alter their expressions and their movements to portray what they think others want them to see. Not me.
I believe the most beautiful, most captivating photos are those that are unrehearsed and unstaged. The ones where the subject has no idea I’m looking in their direction. I always look for images that capture the spirit of the day which is unique to you and your guests. The images where you can’t hide the fun and laughter and is something anyone can see when they view the photos.
It is great to meet newlyweds during a pre-wedding shoot. Its a chance to get to know them better and chat about their plans for the wedding. By the time their wedding day comes around, I know what to look for when I want to get the perfect shot. I’m able to use the inspiration I get from them to be both creative and spontaneous. You literally never know when you have the opportunity for the shot. The one shot that will speak volumes about how this couple feels for one another.
Getting to Know Westminster
I have worked as a Westminster photographer for over a decade and am well-known throughout London by both the venues and past clients. Both will attest to the fact that I am always looking for new ways to be inspired. Westminster is the home to many of the most luxurious and extravagant venues. If you want your wedding to be lavish and unlike any other, you can choose from one of many Westminster venues that will cater to your requests.
The Best Westminster Wedding Venues
- Asia House – Asia House is one of the most beautiful stately homes in the Westminster area. It is ideal for smaller ceremonies and offers many amenities. Read my blog about a recent Asia House Wedding.
- Old Marylebone Town Hall – As an Old Marylebone Town Hall wedding photographer, this is one venue I love to use for weddings. It is full of style and grandeur and is an ideal backdrop for almost any type of wedding photo.
- East Wintergarden – East Wintergarden at Canary Wharf offers everything most couples are looking for, including beautiful scenic views. Large windows let in ample amounts of natural light that makes taking your wedding photos quick and easy.
- The Garden Museum – is situated next to Lambeth Palace overlooking the River Thames. The museum itself is focused on art, history and design of gardens and welcomes many visitors and tourists each year. You can hire the whole venue or the Nave, Dan Pearson Garden, Orangery or Restaurant as individual spaces.
- London Rowing Club – was established in 1865 and is billed as a wedding venue full of character and charm. This is definitely the case as it is an alternative choice to a classic Westminster hotel or local Town Hall. The club can personalise your wedding to however you want and there are number of different function rooms including the Long Room, Members Room and Fairbairn Room to host you and your guests. I’m a recommended wedding photographer for the London Rowing Club.
- Browns Brasserie Covent Garden – Browns Brasserie Covent Garden offers a beautiful venue, amazing food, and courteous staff who are always available when you need them. The entire venue is truly a sight to behold if you are looking for both function and style.
- No. 4 Hamilton Place – No. 4 Hamilton Place is one venue that stands out if you want luxury and exclusivity. The entire venue is known for its opulence. From their catering services to the spacious event areas, you will have everything you could ask for and more.
- Dartmouth House – Known for hosting some of the most important events of the English-Speaking Union, the Dartmouth House is one of the most beautiful mansions in London. It is an elegant venue that is the ideal venue for any wedding, large or small.
- 113 Chancery Lane – 113 Chancery Lane is one of the more luxurious venues in the Westminster area. It offers a relaxed atmosphere combined with some of the most breathtaking backdrops for wedding photography.
Will you still be able to take photos if it’s raining?
I can take photos in any type of weather (except when lightning is present). Even in the rain, we can still create great images and I always bring a brolly!
Do you have a particular style of wedding photography that you are known for?
I prefer to take photos that are both natural and relaxed. My documentary-style images are excellent for telling the story of the bride and groom together. I have won awards for my work from the Wedding Photojournalist Association (WPJA).
When can I expect to receive my photos?
You will receive a sampling of photos within a few days via a password-protected gallery. The rest will follow in approximately one week on a USB drive or via a download. Approximately 500 images will be delivered. There will be a blend of both colour and black and white.
Is there a formal or casual dress code?
No, I prefer casual dress, but I will dress in the same fashion as your guests. This allows me to disappear and move freely among your guests.
How long will you be at my wedding?
You have my schedule for the day. I will arrive prior to the couple’s preparations and will remain until the reception starts to wind down.
Do you carry insurance?
Yes. I carry professional insurance on myself and my equipment.
Get in touch
If you’re planning to get married in Westminster then get in touch to chat about your wedding plans.